A while back I started a book circle. It wasn't as hard as you might think. I just finished reading Healing the Soul of America by Marianne Williamson and books like that really can inspire you to make a difference. So I emailed a couple girlfriends and next thing you know we had our first White Space Circle. The hope was to connect with one another at a soulful level and discuss new ideas to grow our consciousness. Then in a small but powerful way have a ripple affect in expanding our collective consciousness as a country.
Our Circle consists of 10 girlfriends who live in my town. We get together every other month after reading a White Space book. The selection criteria is any book that would inspire us to live in the present moment, be more mindful and compassionate, or grow our consciousness. We rotate who hosts the circle and that person gets to select the book we read. We keep it simple and have tea and chocolate, although we have been known to break out the wine (even saké) now and then!
Here are the books we've read so far. Maybe you will want to enjoy one this summer? We also want to hear from YOU. Please recommend in comment below any book you think would make a good White Space read. We are excited to hear from you! And email me if you want to start your own White Space Circle in your neighborhood.
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams by Deepak Chopra
- The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents: Guiding Your Children to Success and Fulfillment by Deepak Chopra
- The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchin Rubin
- Healing the Soul of America: Reclaiming Our Voices as Spiritual Citizens by Marianne Williamson
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live by Martha Beck
Consider supporting your local bookstore by purchasing your next book there. Or order through ours at Book Passage